BACH FESTIVAL in the New Sanctuary with the new organ and piano, May 20 – Watch for details.
DEDICATION OF THE NEW SANCTUARY, May 21 – Watch for details.
CHURCH CAMPOUT: Friday – Sunday, April 28-30 at Campland on the Bay. Sign-up.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOLS (VBS) – June 26-June 30, 9:00am-3:00pm. VBS fee for week will be $95.00 per camper for 5 year olds to 5th graders (sibling discount available). VBS will be staffed by Lutheran Retreats, Camps and Conferences (LRCC) and will focus on the theme “This Little Light of Mine” Matthew 5:14-16. Registration will begin in May.
DEAR GLORIA DEI FAMILY,
so depend I, Lord, on Thee
Thou my cross; on Thee impaled
is my body, now I see
how our hands and feet are nailed,
strength of thine own scars remain.
Thou the cross from dark to sun,
stretching boughs to wind and rain
upholding all, withholding none.
Thy limbs hold me, heal me, mend
All unbelieving doubts. And now
I do not break, I bend, I bend:
so depend I, Lord, on Thee.
Of Thy body make a part
I was blind, and now I see:
all life and love are because Thou art.
• This week the outside of the building will be stuccoed.
• The fabrication for all the glass walls is happening
• The new grand piano is being sought.
• The tile work in the restrooms are complete.
• The building of the new sanctuary’s altar platform.
We continue to receive gifts for pews, the boulder fountain, the piano, sanctuary furnishings and more. Thank you!
If you would still like to participate and make a gift in memory or honor of someone, please call the office for an envelope or speak with a pastor.
“First Communion” will take place at the 10:30am service.
A pancake breakfast will be served by our high school youth group between morning services (9:40am).
1) Transfer your membership from another Lutheran congregation.
2) Attend the Adult Inquiry Class – Saturday, March 25, 2017, 9:00am (for people that come from a non-Lutheran background).
To all joining, a New Member Orientation meeting (Sunday, March 26, 2017, 6:00pm).
All new members will be received officially during worship on Sunday, April 2. See the sign-up or speak with a pastor.
LET’S TAKE A HIKE!
There are three opportunities to receive ashes on that day:
1) Pastor David will be available in the church sanctuary from 8-9am for a short prayer and the Imposition of Ashes. And then you can get on with your day.
2) We have two worship services, the first at noon and then
Soup suppers will be served at 6pm every Wednesday.
These will be very simple meals and you can sign-up to provide a soup.
To the left is a progress picture of the console.
The pipes are solid zinc which will look stunning reflecting the colors from the stained glass. We have been blessed to have Hanna Lee as our organist and she is excited to play this new instrument.
We have tentatively scheduled a “Bach Festival” for the Dedication weekend (Saturday, May 6? for concert and party).
More details will be forthcoming
Hosted by Ken & Barbara Rohde. We thank them for their hospitality!
Call the church office for directions: 949-493-3414.